What is Neurosurgery?Neurosurgery is one of the most commonly performed and complex among different types of surgeries. This surgery is associated with the prevention and treatment of different types of disorders connected with our nervous system. The medical experts who specialise in performing these surgeries are referred to as Neurosurgeons.
When we talk about Neurosurgery, many people associate it with the brain. However, though this is partly true, according to Neurologists in Bangalore, it involves much more than just the brain.
Best Neurologist in Bangalore is of the opinion that though Neurosurgery procedures can be performed on both adults and Paediatric patients, the appropriate decision is taken based on the nature of the disorder, disease or type of injury. The good news is that many modern invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures with the use of technology have made Neurosurgery simple and more successful.
Common types of Neurosurgery procedures performedSome of the most commonly performed neurosurgeries according to seasoned Neurosurgeons working with Astra Hospital, widely regarded as the best Superspeciality hospital in Bangalore include the following:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy: Doctors in Astra Hospital indicate that this surgery is recommended for patients who present themselves with symptoms of a herniated disc. The pain can get unbearable after a certain period of time and the only successful option is Anterior Cervical Discectomy.
- Craniotomy: According to vastly experienced brain doctors in Bangalore, it is unfortunate that the number of casualties due to brain stroke or brain injury is increasing day by day. A craniotomy is a complex procedure which is conducted only by vastly experienced surgeons only and there is no comprise on the health of the patient. Efficient Neurologists working at Astra Hospital, the best brain rehabilitationcentre near me indicate that these are critical surgeries which need to be taken up without any compromise or loss of time to prevent loss of life.
- Laminectomy: A team of versatile neurosurgeons working with Astra Hospital, the best hospital for Neurosurgery in Bangalore describes Laminectomy as a small invasive procedure which works brilliantly on patients suffering from back pain.
- Chiari Decompression: Disorders relating to instability found in patients due to variations in the functioning of the brain are cured through this surgical intervention. Chiari decompression is a very safe and highly recommended procedure for treating this condition.
- Lumbar Puncture: Seasoned Neurosurgeons working for Astra Hospital, the best brain rehabilitation centre near me, suggest that Lumbar puncture is still a very effective surgery when it comes to treating that portion of your brain which creates fatal seizures.
- Spinal Fusion: This procedure is used to treat traumatic injuries caused to the spine. It is suggested by neurosurgeons to keep the patient’s spine in a stable position.